If you would like to pay out of pocket for your treatment, the following fee schedule applies:
- 60-minute initial intake appointment and initial prescription(s) - $215
- 15-30 minute follow-up and medication management appointment - $115
- Additional services:
- Psychiatric clearance for surgery - $500, includes 60-minute evaluation and a letter to the doctor requiring the letter. There is no guarantee the patient will be approved for surgery based on this process and will ultimately be up to the surgeon
- Genetic testing results interpretation - $50. The client has to be an established patient
- Disability forms - $215
- Other letter writing, care coordination, school consultation and any additional services are billed $50 for every 15 minutes increments. You will not be billed for phone calls lasting less than 5 minutes
In an effort to offer you the most value and the highest quality of clinical services, we charge additional administrative fees for certain non-clinical services. Therefore, you (or your authorized representative) may incur, and are responsible for the payment of, certain additional administrative fees, as follows:
- Insufficient funds - $25
- Medical record copy - $10
We currently accept:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
*Copays are due at the time of service
How to verify your benefits
It is your duty to know your insurance policy. To obtain information about your policy, contact member services by calling the number on the back of your insurance card.
Questions to Ask Your Insurance Provider
- Ask for CONFIRMATION that the services provided by National Mental Health are covered under your plan.
- Ask whether your plan covers
Telehealth Services (video/telephone sessions).
- Ask whether your plan is active for the date of service scheduled and whether it is your PRIMARY INSURANCE.
- Confirm whether or not your plan covers
Outpatient Mental Health Services in an office setting.
- Ask whether your plan has a copay, deductible or coinsurance and/or any accumulations towards the OUT OF POCKET or DEDUCTIBLE maximum.
- Ask whether referrals and Pre-certifications are required.
YOU are ultimately responsible for payment of all deductibles, co-payments, coinsurance amounts AND for payment for all services you receive from National Mental Health that are not paid for by your insurance provider.
Keep in mind that you can pay for your appointment with a Health Savings Account or Flex Spending Account if you do not wish to pay out of pocket or if your insurance company is not listed. It is also possible to submit an invoice for your treatment to your insurance company for reimbursement. We are happy to provide an invoice with appropriate CPT codes for your insurance company, upon request.
For out-of-network billing, we will provide a super bill to the patient reflecting payment at the Private Pay rate for patient submission to his/her insurance company for reimbursement.
National Mental Health Policy for Appointments, Cancellations, and No-shows
You agree to the appointment times that the National Mental Health, LLC and affiliated entities staff schedules for you. Your appointment time is reserved for you and prevents other patients from using that time. As a courtesy to you, we make appointment reminder phone calls, texts, or emails one to two business days prior to your visit. It is your responsibility to remember and show up for your appointment.
If you need to reschedule or cancel your appointment, we need at least two business days to enable us to schedule someone else. (Sundays and holidays are not business days.)
You will be charged a full session rate for any missed appointment that is not cancelled at least two business days in advance. If you miss or cancel two sessions, your provider may discharge you from their service for administrative reasons.